These cookies are hands-down my favourite cookies in the whole world. They’re simply amazing, versatile and they can accommodate the most complicated diets. And – they’re healthy – which is one of the things I love most about them.
I’ve been making these cookies for years. They’re the Bee trademark cookies. I absolutely love that they’re different every time I make them! The only downside is that they tend to fall apart, but I just guide it straight to my mouth without giving them (the crumbs) a single moment’s chance to explode. I’m exaggerating a bit, but seriously, get your cookie game on with those trail mix cookies. Even my dad loves them.
1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
1 cup any nut or seed butter
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1/2 cup any dried fruit
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup any chopped nut or seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flax with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop your dates and incorporate them with the nut butter in a medium bowl.*
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Add flax mixture last and stir everything together.
- Drop in tbsp sized dollops and flatten the cookies with a fork before putting in the oven for 10-12 minutes.**
*By doing this the date pieces don’t all stick together and actually get incorporated throughout the batter.
**You can make your cookies any size you want, keeping in mind that smaller cookies takes less time to cook and larger cookies take more time to cook. Keep an eye on them while they’re in the oven! Try not to salivate too much.