This plant-based recipe was inspired by Cookie and Kate’s. They have no refined sugar, and can be made extremely healthy with an addition of nuts and seeds. It’s your call!
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
2/3 cup maple syrup
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips or any nut, seed, dried fruit (even coconut flakes)
- Combine flax and water in large bowl and let rest for 5-10 mins. Meanwhile…
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil & vanilla with flax mixture.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt, combining well.
- Add flour, oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheets.*
- Cook for 12 minutes and let them cool down in the pan.
- Feed you friends and family, they’ll love you for it!
*you can make the cookies as big/small as you want; just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as bigger cookies tend to take more time to cook.